Hi loves! Today I want to talk to you about my top 5 skin care essentials… my everyday routine, my holy grail. I swear by these products. Most I’ve had around for years and a few I’ve been recently introduced to. Since every skin type is different, it’s important to keep in mind that what may work for me, might not necessarily work for you. However, I’m always one for sharing and I think it’s so important that we keep each other in the loop about key products that are really making all the difference!
1. Aesop B & Tea Balancing Toner: I’ve used many toners that dry my skin far too much than needed. What I love about Aesop and this toner specifically is that it beautifully balances your skin and leaves your face feeling fresh and smooth. Since it is completely natural and alcohol free, there are no harsh effects. It’s perfect for those with sensitive skin like myself. It really calms the skin and preps you for the next step without tightening or over-drying.
2. Joanna Vargas Daily Serum: This is new to my skin care routine and I’ve quickly become a fan. Joanna Vargas maintains a serious celeb following including ladies like Karlie Kloss and Dakota Johnson who go to her for all their skin care needs. This daily serum is serious business! Packed with vitamins A, C, E, and F it brightens the skin and helps fight dark spots. It also includes hyaluronic acid which has moisture properties and is the active ingredient for boosting collagen and helping improve skin elasticity. All in all, this is what they call the green juice for your skin. If you want to tighten and brighten, this is it.
3. Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray: I use so many things from the Mario Badescu line and this is high up on the list. This little guy is $7 of pure heaven and has a few different roles it can play. You can use it right after a hot shower to bring some moisture back into your skin. You can use it before prepping you makeup to lightly moisturize or you can use it after you’re done to set your makeup. I don’t particularly find it sets my makeup that well, but I use it for the moisturizing aspect. I would much rather say it “blends” your makeup beautifully and gives a dewy natural look, which I’m all about. Downside: Given the fragrance factor, you don’t want to overdue it. It’s perfect for a pick me up when you want to refresh and rehydrate! I’m obsessed!
4. Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Creme: I’ve used so many, many, many eye creams. This one I’m currently loving and have had for a while now. It goes on smooth and creamy and really sinks into my skin beautifully. I’ve noticed a huge difference in the bags under my eyes, the brightness and fine lines. It has avocado oil, grape seed oil, wheat germ oil, vitamins A & E, plus a number of other antioxidants and minerals. It feels very luxurious on your skin. The key to under eye cream is tapping (with your finger) into your skin and not rubbing, much like how you would apply your foundation. This little guy will last you months! A little goes a long way.
5. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: While all of the products I mentioned above have properties that moisturize and bring balance to your skin, this drying lotion does quite the opposite! It’s magic in a bottle. Just putting a dab of this on your pimples or whiteheads will heal and dry out your zits overnight! No joke. I don’t travel anywhere without this stuff. I swear by it. I wear it when I think I am “about” to get a pimple. It’s that effective in prevention. The downside: If you have a boyfriend or partner, well, he/she will have to endure all the pretty little pink marks laid out across your face. But you know what? It’s worth it! Get this stuff, guys. Trust me.