I’m sure by now many of you know that Emilio and I spent a solid 3 weeks in Bali, Indonesia before making our way to Australia. Wow! What an incredible 3 weeks. This was our second time in Bali – the first time we were there during peak season and this time around during off peak. If you ever decide to go, I would highly suggest peak season because the weather is truly unpredictable during off peak and not as ideal for making plans. You just never know when a torrential downpour will strike – the storms could last all day! This was the case for us, but it didn’t stop us from exploring! Luckily we knew our way around Bali very well and had a scooter, so we were able to pop in and out of our villa very quickly as soon as the rain stopped. Regardless of the rain, we still had a MAGICAL time!
I wanted to put together a list for you all that highlights my top 10 places you should visit in Bali if you ever find yourself there! These are both general areas in Bali (like Seminyak and Canggu) as well as specific hot spots you should visit.
1. Seminyak: So many incredible restaurants with gorgeous fit outs. My favorites include Sisterfeilds, Bikini and Motel Mexicola. Seminyak also has some of the best shopping in town – Magali Pascal, Uma & Leopold and Shakuhachi. It’s definitely my favorite place to hang out in. It also has some of the best luxury hotels, villas and spas around. You’ll never get tired of eating, drinking and shopping there!
2. The Beaches in Nusa Dua: If you’re looking for private, white sand beaches, Nusa Dua is your place. Here you’ll find The Mulia Hotel, the St. Regis Hotel and many more luxury hotels with their very own private beach! So stunning!
3. Finn’s Beach Club in Canngu: This is the perfect spot to chill out and have some drinks with friends beachside. There’s a swim up bar in the pool, day beds to lounge around on and an infinity pool you’ll love.
4. Uluwatu: This is surfers paradise and one of my favorite places to spend my time! About an hour away from the chaos of the city, these clear blue waters and amazing waves make for the perfect setting to take in the beauty of Bali.
5. Hanging Gardens Ubud: This is a must see if you go to Ubud. Even if you don’t get a chance to stay at this boutique hotel, the visit is worth it. It’s set around a lush rainforest/jungle – such a cool sight!
6. Rock Bar at the Ayana Resort: Set on a huge cliff, this bar will give you the best sunset view you’ll see in all of Bali! Head there for cocktails and a sunset view after 4pm and you are golden!
7. Sunday’s Beach Club: Rewinding back to Uluwatu and one of my favorite private beaches ever. You have to ride a cable cart from the top of the cliff down to get to the white sand beaches.
8. Blue Point/ Padang Padang Beach: This beach is filled with all the Europeans come peak season. To get to it, you need to walk through a limestone cave that takes you straight to the pristine blue waters. You can get some awesome beach shots here!
9. Single Fin Uluwatu: Not only do you get some of the most incredible beach views here, but this is THE place for some of the hottest surf sessions. They have a super cool bar where you can watch the waves, surfers and sunset… Hands down one of my favorite spots in Bali!
10. Hidden Waterfall at Tegenungan: A bucket list item for most people visiting Bali, the Hidden Waterfall is surrounded by a lush of greenery that is to-die-for! You feel so connected to nature here as you swim and take in all the surrounding beauty!
If you have any favorite spots in Bali or are planning a trip there, let me know below! xx Elya